BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shin Splints!

Well I've been playing basketball at least twice a week for the past 2 months and I have managed to avoid them, using compression socks, but they have finally caught up to me...SHIN SPLINTS!!! Oh how I loathe them! Playing basketball in high school, I was taped up for every practice and game, but now, being almost 30, they really get me good! Did you know that we start to lose muscle mass when we hit 30? Crazy fact! (I love the things I am learning in school). Hopefully they won't get as bad, but I will have to try and go a little easier on myself, I can't afford a stress fracture, since I have no health insurance. Gonna have to RICE it! Hopefully that helps!

I ran 2 miles today, very excited and proud of myself. I really wanted to run outside but we have had crazy fast winds today. Gusts in excess of 45 miles per hour! Bringing snow along with it, which I won't lie about, I love snow!!! But I'm ready for spring!

Tuesday nights are fabulous for me, they are my date nights with Jess! Tonight we ran to Murray to pick out some new glasses for me, and then headed to Five Guys for some amazing burgers! A burger or a steak will hit the spot for me every time! Then we headed home and watched some TV. Good times! I love my Jess time! I really miss having someone to spend my evenings with, that was one, of many, of the things that I loved about marriage, always having that person to share the day with. So it's nice when I can spend my evenings with friends.

My institute class today was amazing, as it always is. I am so glad I signed up for this class a few weeks ago. I love learning about the women in the scriptures. There are amazing women in the scriptures. Women that I can only hope to be a fraction of what they were someday. Today we studied Esther 1. Learned about Vashti, who was the queen. One night her husband got drunk with a bunch of his friends and called on her, she knew they were drunk and refused to go to him. Because of that decision he divorced her, he couldn't allow a woman to disrespect him like that. But the courage that Vashti showed, by refusing to go into a situation that was less than ideal, especially in that day in age, was monumentous! Women, never let a man take advantage of you, or even put yourself in that position in the first place. (Men the same goes for you!)

Stepping off my soapbox for the night!

0 comments: