BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Brooks!

So you know how I had those shin splints? Well they are still there, but I got some new shoes, brooks, and they are amazing!! I ran for 2 miles today with no arch pain, and my shins are not bothering me any more than yesterday. Today was day 4 of 2 miles every day (except for Monday which was 1.83...should have kicked in the last little bit, but I was running outside and that's just where I ended). I am determined to get my 1.5 mile run to 15 minutes!!! I really hate running, I am a lazy person, lets be honest. I love to sprint, and lift weights, play sports, you name it, but make me do something for longer than 10 minutes...I get SOOOOOO bored! I have really great endurance, I just am lazy. I don't know how to get over that, if you have ideas, please let me know!

I learned a little about some internships today. I am realizing more and more each day that I go to school, that exercise science is going to have so many different opportunities for me, I'm really excited about that. We learned about this opportunity to work with high school athletes, training them, and really pushing them to see how far they can stretch. This place has treadmills that are $40 grand!!! They go up to 20 MPH and have an amazing incline. To be able to work in an environment with such amazing equipment would be really cool. Another opportunity would be to work with training patients that are recuperating from cardiac problems. Oh the places I could go! I'm really stoked.

Tomorrow is my first day of spring break! So excited to work on a research paper for a whole week!!! My goal is to get it mostly done by Wednesday night. Then Thursday I head to Logan to visit the Bawden's and then up to Rexburg to visit my 'ol stompin' grounds, then to Idaho Falls for Time Out For Women!! I can't tell you how much I need this spiritual recharge. Hopefully it will be just what I need. 



0 comments: